Celebrate CAMH’s 72nd birthday with a city-wide art tour. This is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of day! Visit CAMH and several partners to view drive-by performances, pick-up hands-on art kits (a different one at each location!), listen to a Teen Council-curated playlist, and more!
We love you and want you to stay safe. Please wear a mask and keep your distance.
Visit Our Community Celebration Destinations!
Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
5216 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, TX 77006
- Drive by and view the Papel Picado-inspired installation by hyper-local artist and muralist Angel Quesada on CAMH’s plaza.
- Check out the custom Piñatas by Chi in CAMH’s plaza – and be there at 3:15PM as we bust them open!
- Pick-up an Art Kit (while supplies last!) to make your very own piñata – we’ll provide all the supplies (if you can’t make it out – a guide for the activity can be found here.) Instructions are provided in both English and Spanish. (Note: Pick-up location is on Bayard and Bissonet near the palm tree sculpture. Look out for MDSO flow artists in CAMH’s plaza directing you to our pick-up location!).
- Pick up your Voting Kit for the Disenfranchised a project by artist Aram Han Sifuentes and part of the Official Unofficial Voting Station: Voting for All Who Legally Can’t which includes a wristband, stickers, issues and candidate ballot, and more.
McGovern-Stella Link Neighborhood Library
7405 Stella Link Rd, Houston, Texas 77025
- HPL will be handing out books and HPL resource materials.
- Pick up an Art Kit (while supplies last!) to make your very own mini-journal – we’ll provide all the supplies (if you can’t make it out – a guide for the activity can be found here.) Instructions are provided in both English and Spanish.
CHAT – Culture of Health Advancing Together
6711 Hornwood, Houston, TX 77074
- Experience music from a variety of cultures that CHAT serves.
- Check out the beautiful mural at the Ashford Crescent Oaks apartments and continue the tour by checking out the Gulfton Story Trail Murals.
- Don’t forget to wear something to celebrate your origins and culture!
- Pick up an Art Kit (while supplies last!) to make your very own mask (not the kind for Covid) – we’ll provide all the supplies (if you can’t make it out – a guide for the activity can be found here.) Instructions are provided in both English and Spanish.
East End Studio Gallery
Hardy and Nance Studio 902 Hardy St Houston, TX 77020
- Check out the 11th Annual Día de Muertos group show. As we reflect upon the last six months, we mourn the loss of life and look to honor and celebrate life through art and tradition.
- You are invited to join East End Studio Gallery in remembering your departed loved ones by leaving a copy of a photo on the community altar located in the East End Studio Gallery Space.
- The gallery will be open for ten days so everyone can be safe and practice social distancing. Masks will be required to enter the building.