You are invited to a fun-filled day in the Museum District!
- Explore CAMH’s current exhibitions Right Here, Right Now: San Antonio and Cary Leibowitz: Museum Show with our Art Guide booklet (available in both English and Spanish).
- Make a memory by posing in our photo booth inspired by the artist Sarah Castillo.
- Join our text map and write a story about your home to share with fellow visitors.
- Get inspired by Cary Leibowitz, then make a pop culture melty bead creation.
- Spray a chalk art animal inspired by Art on the Lawn featured artist, Bucky Miller.
- Don’t miss the chance to get a free poem from the Inprint Poetry Buskers. Using typewriters and the muse of immediate inspiration, these talented local writers will write you a customized poem on a theme of your choice.
- Plus, Crispy or Grilled and Friohana Shave Ice food trucks – come hungry!
About Inprint Poetry Buskers
A nonprofit organization founded in 1983, the mission of Inprint is to inspire readers and writers in Houston. Inprint has helped to transform Houston into a diverse and thriving literary metropolis, where creativity is celebrated and Houstonians come together to engage with the written word. As Houston’s premier literary arts nonprofit organization, Inprint annually serves more than 14,000 readers and writers of fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction. Inprint’s initiatives include literary performance programs, creative writing workshops, and support for the next generation of writers.
The Inprint Poetry Buskers, with typewriters in hand, demystify and increase appreciation for poetry by writing poems on demand in communities throughout the city.