Looking for a platform to express your artistic self? Want to inspire and immerse yourself in Houston’s vibrant teen art scene? Contemporary Arts Museum Houston’s (CAMH) Teen Council is looking for original, diverse submissions from Houston’s teens (13-18) for ACROSS DISCIPLINES: A Teen Performance Showcase during the annual Spring Break Community Celebration.
This event can encompass solo or group performances including but not limited to: poetry, speeches, music, comedy, dances, acting, etc. We encourage submissions across disciplines and in whatever form you choose to express yourself.
Submission Deadline: February 12, 11:59PM
Timeline of Events
February 25, 2024 | 11:59PM
Submission Deadline | All submissions are due.
The submission deadline has been extended to Sunday, February 25, 2024.
Week of March 5, 2024 | Time TBD
In-Person Dress Rehearsal | All performers must be available to attend this rehearsal onsite at CAMH.
Saturday, March 16, 2024 | 2–4 PM
ACROSS DISCIPLINES | All performances will be presented at the Museum.
- Applicants must be 13–18 years of age.
- Applicants must live in the Greater Houston area.
- All performers must be available to attend the in-person dress rehearsal on (date and time TBD) onsite at CAMH.
- All performers must arrive performance-ready for the event on March 16th.
- All performers must provide their own props or equipment if applicable. Microphones, speakers, and projector will be provided; however, musicians should be mindful to bring their necessary instruments, amps, etc. Performers will be responsible for setting up/taking down any of their own equipment.
- Applicants must submit a video of an original performance piece. Applicants can use copyrighted work, but it cannot be the piece. For example, copyrighted music can be used in the background, but a cover of a song cannot be performed. If you have any questions about this feel free to reach out to Jack Morillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The performance submissions must be no more than 10 minutes.
- Applicants must include a written description of the performance piece (2–3 sentences) and a short bio about themselves as a performer or group. Applicants may also include their website and social media handles if applicable.
- Each submission should include one performance piece. If the applicant wants more than one piece considered, please submit an additional application per piece through Submittable. Applicants can submit as many performances as they would like—there is no limit.
- Applicants may only submit ONE application if the performance includes multiple people (e.g., band, ensemble, dance group, etc.) The person who submits the application through Submittable will be the designated “communicator” between CAMH and the members of their group. Please make sure to list the names of the other members in the submission. Applicants may also choose to include personal websites, social media handles, merchandise, and PDFs of narratives.
- All applicants must submit online through Submittable by the deadline (date and time TBD) through the link below. If applicants have issues with submitting, contact email@example.com
- Please note: we are not looking for polished/edited videos; this video submission is meant to be a general iteration of your performance.