Contemporary Arts Museum Houston’s (CAMH) Teen Council invites young Houston-area designers and stylists to submit to their 2023 Fashion Show.
Annually, Teen Council curates a fashion show for CAMH’s Spring Break Community Celebration. This year’s fashion show will showcase looks that channel a “before” and “after” moment that has shaped you. How have you been born anew? What did you leave behind? What are you taking into your new reality? Consider how different techniques can inform your fashion: up-cycling, fabric manipulation, embellishing, creating textiles, etc.
Submissions from both designers and stylists will be accepted. Selected designs will be presented on the “runway” during CAMH’s Spring Community Celebration on Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Submission Deadline: Monday, February 6, 2023 | 11:59PM
Timeline of Events
Monday, February 6, 2023 | 11:59PM
Submission Deadline | All submissions from designers and stylists are due.
Tuesday, March 7, 2023 | 5–6PM
Dress Rehearsal | All designers, stylists, and models must attend the onsite dress rehearsal at CAMH.
Saturday, March 18, 2023 | 3:30–4PM
Fashion Show | All designs must be finalized and ready-to-wear for the runway during CAMH’s Spring Community Celebration.
- Applicants must be 13–18 years of age.
- Applicants must live in the Greater Houston area.
- Applicants must submit original designs OR provide detailed information of styling submissions.
- Designers must provide their own models.
- All submissions must reflect the final representation of the designs.
- All designers, stylists, and models must be available to attend the dress rehearsal on Tuesday, March 6, 2023 from 5–6PM onsite at CAMH.
- Images and video files are accepted.
- Each submission should include one design. If submitting more than one design, please submit an additional application per design through Submittable. Applicants can submit as many designs as they would like—there is no limit.
- Applicants must submit 3 or more images and/or videos of the design in different angles (e.g., front, side, and back angles). Detail shots of designs are also encouraged.
- Submissions must include full-length, “head-to-toe” images and/or videos of models wearing designs.
- In-progress works will be accepted, but must be finalized and ready-to-wear by the dress rehearsal on Monday, March 7, 2023.
- All applicants must submit online through Submittable by the deadline on Monday, February 6, 2023 at 11:59PM through the link below.
About Teen Council
Composed of young arts enthusiasts, Teen Council serves as the Museum’s vehicle for attracting the city’s teen population to CAMH and exposing them to the vibrant field of contemporary art. For council members, the group serves as a highly collaborative creative incubator that opens up opportunities for leadership, visual literacy, and life skill development. During weekly meetings, the council is introduced to the inner workings of museums and to the dynamic Houston arts community. Teen Council activities are decided upon by its members and can change from year to year, but past events developed by the Teen Council include virtual zines, exhibitions, fashion shows, film screenings, listening parties, music festivals, and poetry readings.
The Fashion Show curated by CAMH’s Teen Council is made possible by a grant from Scott and Judy Nyquist.
Teen Council is made possible by generous support from H-E-B, and additional support from Mark and Mary Ann Miller, Louisa Stude Sarofim, and Dillon Kyle and Sam Lasseter.