Is contemporary art your job, passion, or hobby—or are you just plain curious? If so, membership to CAMH’s Young Patrons is a fantastic way to learn about arts and culture in Houston. Members enjoy a year’s worth of events that offer chances to see, create, and share contemporary art with their peers.
Past Young Patrons Highlights
CAMH’s Young Patrons launched in the 2016–17 Season with a series of exciting events. First, former CAMH Director Bill Arning led members on a private tour of the 2016 Texas Contemporary Art Fair. Next, CAMH Curator Dean Daderko and visiting lecturer Veronica Roberts joined guests for a happy hour at Brooklyn Athletic Club. In the spring, Hermann Park Conservancy’s Urban Green co-hosted a Dance House Fitness class in the park’s Centennial Gardens. And finally, art advisors Sara Cain and Calia Alvarado Pettigrew led an Art Collecting 101 workshop at Jonathan Hopson Gallery.
Young Patron Membership Benefits
- Invitation to a full year of Young Patrons events
- Opportunity to purchase up to two discounted tickets to CAMH’s Annual Gala and Art Auction
- Invitation to CAMH’s Gala Auction Preview Party
- Reciprocal membership benefits at participating museums through the Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Membership Program, the North American Reciprocal Association, and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums
- Membership card
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop
- Discounts on subscriptions to select art magazines
- Subscription to CAMH’s weekly and member-only e-newsletters